- 125g softened Butter
- 90g Sugar
- 1 tab (40g) liquid Malt Extract
- 1 tab (40g) Condensed Milk
- 1 cup (170g) SR Flour
- Preheat oven 180degC
- Place Sugar into TMX and hit turbo for a couple of seconds to make caster sugar
- Add Butter and cream for 4 minutes on Speed 3, scraping down sides
- Add Condensed Milk and Malt Extract and mix for 2 minutes on Speed 3
- Add Flour and mix on Reverse until well combined, Speed 3 (about 10 seconds)
- With a couple of teaspoons, place small 'blobs' on an oven tray (no need for greasing)
- Bake for 15 minutes, watching carefully. Cool on tray 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack.
- Makes about 35+ biscuits. About 20 might make it to the bikkie-barrel
So easy and so delicious. And any excuse to use Condensed Milk is great, I say!!
The original recipe says to use the bottom of a glass, dipped in extra sugar, to slightly flatten and coat the biscuit before cooking. I don't think it needs the extra sugar coating, but try it yourself. You could also add some sultanas.... but I'd personally keep them the lovely thin crisp and chewy bikkies that they are without.