I sighed. She couldn't just accept my answer, she always had to pick on it! Turns out, she went and put a curse on it as well.
You probably know how to prepare cous cous. Just add water! Easy. Hot or cold, both work. But not this time!! I had a solid block of cous cous in my bowl. What? TWICE! WHAT????? Dinner time had come and gone, so I thought 'Bugger it! Rice it is! Ms D gets her wish.'
- 400-500 g diced lamb
- Greek yogurt
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- garlic powder (trialling this for a change)
- citric acid
- ground sea salt
- potatoes, pumpkin, parsnip
- cous cous
- oil for cooking/baste
- Pre-heat oven 180. Place roasting tray in oven.
- Cut vegies into small die, put them into bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and a little oil and stir to cover all pieces.
- Tip onto the preheated tray and roast until golden
- Meanwhile, combine Greek yogurt, spring onion, a sprinkle of garlic and citric acid and put aside
- Stir oil, pinch of salt and a sprinkle of citric acid over lamb and cook in fry pan
- While lamb is resting, make the cous cous
- Now, pile it up. Cous cous on the bottom, some lamb, drizzle over with yogurt and then lovely golden roast veg artistically falling off the pile.
- Served my 5 eaters, with some green steamed veg, (and rice!) with no left overs