This is taken directly from the Failsafe Cookbook and is also known as "Robin's Dressing". An experienced TMX cook can easily translate this into TMX-ese.
- 1/4 cup maize cornflour (HALF 20g)
- 1 tsp citric acid (or more to taste) (HALF 1/2 tsp)
- 1 tsp salt (HALF 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 cup sugar (HALF 30g)
- 1 1/4 cups water (HALF 155g)
- 2 eggs (HALF 1 egg)
- 175ml (150g) failsafe oil (HALF 75g)
- Put Cornflour, Citric acid, Salt, Sugar and Water into TMX and cook for 10 mins, 100ºC Speed 4
- Lightly whisk egg in another dish and then, with TMX going at Speed 3, gently pour egg into through hole in lid
- Measure oil into a jug (something that pours easily) and increase to Speed 4, with the MC in, slowly pour the oil onto the lid, all around. Take your time and with the MC in place, this will drizzle to oil into the mixture quite well. Allow it to mix for about 60 seconds in all.
- Pour into a clean jar and allow to cool before you put into the fridge. It may be quite liquid at this stage, don't worry it will thicken as it cools.
- Cook together cornflour, citric acid, salt, sugar and water in a saucepan.
- When thickened, pour into blender and while whizzing add eggs and drizzle in oil
- Keeps well in the fridge for approx 2 weeks.
This works perfectly well as a salad dressing, especially for coleslaw. Or even to dip into.
Today I halved the recipe as I only had 1 egg and it has worked just fine. I might always halve it as it comes to about 1 cup and more than that just goes off in the fridge. I expect to go through more in the thick of Summer BBQs. In all it took me about 10 minutes to make, from getting ingredients out to popping it in the fridge, so it's a great option when you've run out as well.