|Banana Bread and Banana Muffins|
Just another go at this type of recipe. This one, of course, does not have carob in it, but is the classic banana bread we like to make when the bananas have gone brown in the bowl and no-one's touching them with a barge pole. What a luxury!! Here in Australia, we've had a banana shortage for a year, it's great to see them at a more reasonable price.
This recipe is my sort of own, with inspiration drawn from several places. I just googled 'gluten-free banana bread'. Maybe that's how you found this recipe??? (Okay, that excited me just a bit.) The loaf at the back is Kerten's Kitchen's Rice bread which we made every day and all these went into the oven together.
- 3 large Bananas*
- 4 Eggs
- 1 whole tinned Pear
- 180g Plain all-purpose gluten-free flour (I've got FG Roberts, from the supermarket)
- 165g Buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp Sodi Bic
- 230g Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon** (optional)
- Place Bananas, Eggs and Pear into Thermomix and combine on Speed 6 for 6 Seconds
- In separate bowl, combine Plain and Buckwheat Flours, Sodi Bic, Sugar and Cinnamon and give a stir with a fork or whisk to combine well and break up that plain flour
- With MC out, stir wet ingredients on Speed 2 while you add the dry ingredients through the lid. Gradually increase speed until you get a batter. (I got up to Speed 6)
- Pour into greased loaf tin(s) and/or lined muffin tray
- You could do 2 loaves. Today I made 1 loaf and 10 large muffins.
- Bake in oven 180ºC about 25-30 minutes.
** Very high Salicylates
Tweeks: No tweeks... this is delish!!!!