The one in the photo here has some other cereals in it, as made by Ms D, aged 11. That's how easy this is. This is very easy to make and sometimes I decide to do it at the last stages of meal prep and then have this cooking in the oven while we eat dinner. Delicious with cream and/or ice cream. (I hate it when I'm offered a choice... when I want to say "both") We even had a visitor who adores the traditional apple crumble and didn't even realise this was pear. Yay.
- 2 large 825g cans of Pears in syrup (not juice)
- 80g chilled Butter, cubed
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 95g Brown Sugar
- 75g Rolled Oats
- Combine Butter, Flour, Sugar and Oats in Thermomix to make topping
- Mix on Speed 5 for 8 seconds, until like breadcrumbs
- Tip out and put aside Crumble Mix
- Drain Pears (reserve syrup for icypoles or jelly!) and place into Thermomix
- Chop up a bit on Speed 4-5 for about 5 seconds
- Cook on 100ºC, for 10 minutes on Speed 2
- Place cooked pears into approc 20cm oven-proof dish and smooth a bit
- Sprinkle over with all the topping
- Cook in moderate oven for 20-30 minutes, until golden on top and fruit is bubbling
- Serve with ice-cream and/or cream
- Serves about 10.
Tweeks: In the photo, the crumble also has some puffed rice and puffed millet. I happened to run out of oats and threw these in to make up the volume. Before Failsafe, we used to have coconut but really we don't miss it from the flavour in the crumble. The frillpantii like to have it cold in school lunch boxes. If you like the pear a bit more 'wet', by all means add 150g of the syrup to the pear in the Thermomix before you cook it.