- 700g - 1 kilo Failsafe sausages (about 7-10 sausages)
- 300g Pear Ketchup
- 300g water
- 1 leek - roughly chopped
- 2-3 Spring onions - roughly chopped
- 1-2 carrots - finely diced
- 2-3 celery sticks - finely sliced
- 1 tab malt vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Place leek and garlic into TMX bowl and hit turbo for 2 seconds to finely dice
- Add knob butter or little oil and saute on 100 degrees for 2 minutes on Speed 2
- Add all the other ingredients, except sausages, to the TMX
- Attach Varoma and place sausages in there, ensuring plenty of space for steam to come through
- Cook 100 degrees for 20 minutes on Speed 3
- Check sausages are coooked and cut each into 4 or more pieces
- Place sausages into casserole dish, pour over with sauce and cook, lid on, in moderate oven for about 20 minutes.
Verdict: A mixed reation. Ms D loves it... kept asking what it reminded her of. Ms C, loved the sausages and not the sauce (go figure) and Mr JR didn't eat.... but that's probably because he's a practising Breatharian as many 3-year-olds are. My Frillypants and I both liked it a lot.
I thought the Malt vinegar should be halved.... which I have already done in the recipe. I didn't make enough mashed potato... disappointing.