Anyway, this is what we use in place of Tomato Sauce.
- 1 large can of Pears in syrup
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Citric Acid
- 1 tsp Salt
- Put syrup into TMX bowl (leave the measuring cup lid out) and cook until reduced by half 100 degrees, 8-10 minutes, Speed 3
- Add all ingredients and cook for 20 minutes on 100 degrees Speed2 (MC out)
- When pear is thoroughly cooked and soft, put MC back on and puree by slowly going up to Speed 7 for 10 seconds.
- Keeps well in small lots in the freezer, while using one lot in a regular sauce bottle from your fridge
If you want to make chutney, just don't puree it.