|Ciabatta No-knead Bread|
- 3 cups of Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp of instant Yeast
- 1 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 1/2 cups of Warm Water
- In a large bowl mix together Flour, Yeast and Salt
- Add water and mix until it has all come together.
- Cover with cling film and leave in a safe place for 18 hours. At least 18 hours.
- Grease a heavy crock pot (eg Le Crueset) that has a lid (I warmed it slightly in the oven)
- When that time is up, put sticky dough onto a lightly floured bench
- With floured hands, shape dough by lightly flattening it out, pulling and pushing to form a circle
- Fold edges in onto the top, as if it's a square. Four 'corners' brought to the middle
- Place the dough, folded-side down into the the crock pot and cut a cross into the dough with a very sharp knife
- Cover again with the plastic and allow to sit for another 2 hours
- Heat oven to 250ºC
- Remove plastic from crock pot and sprinkle with some rolled oats if you'd like
- Put on the lid and bake for 45 minutes
- Remove the lid and bake for a further 15 minutes.
Ciabatta Bread Ready Reckoner
Mix at 12 noon - ready to eat at 9am (shape at 6am, bake at 8am)
Mix at 9am - ready to eat at 6am (shape at 3am, bake at 5am) <-- see how I avoided a problem here??
Mix at 4pm - ready to eat at 1pm (shape at 10am, bake at 12noon)
That should be enough to get me through. :)
Tweeks: Dave says you could add bread improver to make it last longer?? Mr frillypants and I ask... longer than what?? We want to eat it all. NOW!!! But, I've heard that bread improver contains some very unsavoury things, especially if you're a Vegan. So, I'd use Ascorbic Acid if I wanted to make it last longer. But, like I said... who wants it last? This is nom nom nom scoffing bread. Maybe I'll freeze some, just so I can report back how it works out.