One problem, Ms C hates quiche. Well, she hates pastry and, therefore, anything attached to pastry. Mr frillypants came up with a solution, we hope, which we'll try tonight.
- 4 eggs
- 20g Greek Yogurt
- 110 g Pouring Cream
- 180g Milk
- 1 leek, sliced finely
- 1-2 spring onions, sliced finely
- Small palm size piece of butternut pumpkin, sliced finely with a vegetable peeler
- Salt to taste
- Grated Parmesan / Grana Padano cheese - about 2 tabs
- 1 quantity short-crust pastry, blind-cooked about 15 minutes in quiche dish
- Preheat a griller/broiler
- Saute leek and pumpkin slivers in TMX or frypan
- Allow to cool and place into pastry shell, covering base evenly
- Sprinkle over this with cheese
- Place under griller and grill until cheese has melted, set aside
- Turn on oven to mod heat
- In TMX or a 1 litre jug, combine eggs, yogurt, cream, milk
- Pour egg mixture into pastry shell, over leek etc
- Sprinkle over top with spring onion
- Cook at 180deg C for approx 20-30 minutes. (depends on your pan a bit)
- Allow to sit to finish cooking before serving with steamed vegies and maybe some oven fries.
We all, except the Failsafer, loved this meal!! Ms D tried to go for thirds, but there was none left.
Mr Frillypants suggested today that we try this recipe again and make a macaroni-bake-in-a-ramekin sort of thing for Ms C to eat. Hopefully then she can join in the eggy fun. Stay tuned!!