So, to make this approachable for Ms C, I decided to make it in to a pasta dish. Spiralli this time, to hold the sauce. I also added zucchini for a little hidden veg.
Malt vinegar.... a bit of an experiment. I'd just discovered it was MODERATE in amines and I wondered about using it for a little flavour in place of a wine.
- 1 kilo chicken thigh fillet, chopped into smallish pieces
- 1 1/2 leeks, quartered and finely sliced
- 2-3 inner stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1 zucchini*, peeled and finely grated
- malt vinegar
- 1 tab butter
- 2 tabs flour
- 1-2 cups milk
- Sautee leek, garlic and celery and remove from pan
- Sautee chicken in batches and remove from pan
- De-glaze pan with a some malt vinegar, leaving a little liquid
- Add veg, zucchini, salt and chicken back into frypan and add butter
- Sprinkle flour over everything in the pan and mix
- Keep it moving and add the milk a little at a time
- Check for seasoning
- Keep slowly adding milk and mixing until it is as runny as you'd like it.
- Serve over pasta