|Beef Salad: tonight was a raw green salad with chick peas.|
This was a creation one hot evening when we had my mum coming for dinner and a house-guest. I had no meat except some left over yearling rump steak. I wasn't enough if I had just put pieces of meat on plates, but I decided to stretch it by putting it into a salad.
- Steak, finely sliced approx 2-3cm long strips
- Butternut pumpkin, peeled, diced 2cm
- Parsnip, peeled, very finely sliced
- 1/2 Leek, sliced
- 1/2 head Iceburg Lettuce, torn/shredded to small pieces
- 1-2 small Cucumber, peeled, cut into small chunks
- 1-2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 1-2 Carrot, peeled cut into small chunks
- handful of snow peas, sliced diagonally
- 100g Raw cashews, chopped
- Salad dressing
- Heat oven to 180deg
- Coat pumpkin and parsnip in a little oil and salt. Roast until pumpkin is cooked and caramalised and parsnip is crispy
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss through with salad dressing to taste
I served this with diced boiled potatoes, coated with a sour cream, spring onion mix. This was to bulk it up a bit and make it a little more filling. Everyone LOVED it. It even elicited noises of pleasure!!!! Can't ask for more than that.