|Magic Bean Lemon Cupcakes|
Inspired by Old Mother Hubbard from facebook page, 'Me and My Thermomix', I wanted to try a different flavour for the Magic Bean cake. Of course, I had to use a different kind of magic bean, the white kind. I'm very excited, this actually worked!! But, with cashews, it's one we can't use for school snacks. I didn't try this as a single large cake, but if you do, please do let me know.
The batter was quite thin, like a pancake batter really... so I was a bit scared. But it worked out just fine.
I'll make a some lemon icing tomorrow and the kids can decorate them for our special afternoon tea.
- 420g can of Cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g raw Cashews
- 1.5 tsp Citric Acid
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 eggs
- 80g white Sugar
- 125g soft Butter
- 1 tsp GF Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sodi Bic
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 5-10g Poppy Seeds
- Pre-heat oven 160ºC and line 2 muffin trays with 24 patty pans.
- Put Beans, Cashews, Citric Acid, Vanilla and 1 of the eggs into Thermomix and mix on Speed 7 about 15-20 seconds. Scrape down if needed and mix again until it's very smooth.
- Add Butter and Sugar, mix for 20 seconds on Speed 4
- Add remaining 4 eggs and beat Speed 4 for 20 Seconds
- Add Baking Powder, Sodi Bic, Salt and Poppy Seeds and mix on Speed 4 for 10 seconds
- Use a tablespoon measure to put 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each patty pan
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until cooked through; when a skewer comes out clean.
Lovely, lightly-flavoured cake. But dense and 'sticky' as well. In the morning I plan to get the frillpantii to ice them with a lemony icing and that should give it a little bit more tang. Then they can decorate them with additive-free decorations.
eta These are loved by Mr JR, but Ms C & Ms D both don't like them. I have a feeling it's the texture? Being a 'denser' sort of cake.
Tweeks: As I mentioned, I haven't tried this as a single large cake... yet. I imagine I'd use a ring tin and probably cook it for about 40 minutes. You could leave out the Poppy Seeds... but I think think they add a nice texture and flavour.