If I had said 'Hey, who wants yogurt, fruit and eggs for brekky?' they'd have said.. politely... 'no thank you.' (Yeah, sure.) But, offer them a "Banana Protein Smoothie" (in an upbeat, hyped cheer-leader-y sort of way) and they're in like Flynn. If they think they're having a 'milkshake' for breakfast...who am I to argue? If they think Mummy has lost her mind... well....
Ingredients (per person):
- About 80-100g Milk
- 1 big scoop of Natural Yogurt*
- 1 (just ripe) Banana*
- 1 Golden or Red Delicious Apple**, peeled and cut into quarters
- A dessertspoon of oats (or Psyllium Husk)
- 1 egg
- 4 ice-cubes
- Put it all into the Thermomix and mix on speed 9 for about 20 seconds
- Serve immediately
- Double, triple ingredients as needed, except the ice-cubes, maybe add about 2 p.p.
** Moderate Salicylates
3 kids sat there, sticking their tongues into their cups, trying to get every last drop. Then they held out their cups asking for more, more. The texture is velvet. Mmmmmmm.
Maybe freeze the banana? Experiment with other grains or non-grains that don't interfere too much with the flavour. But, please! Do share your results.
ETA... I have now added cashews.... put them in first and pulverise on 9 for about 10 seconds. Then add the rest of the ingredients... maybe add some maple syrup. It's still velvet smooth. Delumptions.