- 1/2 Leek, sliced in large slices
- 1-2 cloves of Garlic
- Half a Butternut Pumpkin*, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 tab Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 700g water (or chicken stock)
- 2 medium Carrots*, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1/2 Swede, peeled and cubed (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- knob butter
- Sautée the leek and garlic with a knob of butter, 2 minutes, 100ºC Speed 2
- I am usually chopping and adding as I go now. I set the TMX for 25 minutes, 100ºC Speed 2 and chuck in all the vegies as I go, in the order listed, then replace the measuring cup lid.
- After it has cooked for 25 minutes, purée it by slowly bringing the speed up to 9. Be careful!
- Serve with a slurp of pouring cream and a sprinkle of spring onion if that's how you like it.
This is everyone's favourite soup and I could serve this every week I reckon.
No tweeks really, I happened to have some home-made croutons in the pantry one day and they went down a treat!