Muesli

Muesli - Low chemical and additive-free
Here's a new one on  me...  breakfast recipe!  Ms C has long said she'd like to have muesli for breakfast,  but she can't because of the high chemical content of dried fruits and the particular fruits and nuts usually used in commercial muesli are the highest! 

But it all changed yesterday when I started my new life as the owner of a dehydrator.  I'll go into dehydrator detail on another day,  but for today,  let me say...  Hooray!  Ms C can have meusli.

So, this is what I put into her muesli today... I feel certain that I'll tweek it in the future.  So, if you have any suggestions,  please do tell!  I'm thinking that I could even do a toasted version.  And maybe add tiny bits of the pear leather I also made.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Rolled Oats (the less processed, the better)
  • 2 tabs Psyllium Husk
  • Handful of cashews, chopped
  • Dried Red Delicious Apple slices (equiv 1 apple),  chopped finely
  • Dried Pear slices (equiv 1 pear), chopped finely
Method:
  • Combine ingredients in air-tight container and shake well
  • Serve (about 1/3 cup) with cold or hot A2 milk (or substitute)
Verdict:
Mr frillypants and I tried this last night and thought it was very tasty.  Ms C was very excited to be having muesli and gobbled it down.  There was no moment of crashing disappointment.  It was exactly as she'd anticipated.  Yay!!  Muesli success.

Tweeks:
Like I said above....  there are so many things we can do with this and still keep it low chemical.  And 'What of the moderate chemical levels of the fruit?'  you ask.  Well,  I figure that one single apple,  between 4-5 meals is not going to be a problem.

Comments