This is very imprecise, I wasn't sure what I was doing, just looking and seeing if I needed just a bit more of this or that.
- Parsley- handful of leaves
- Raw Cashews - approx 100g
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- Sea salt - about 1/2 teaspoon
- Citric Acid - 1/2 tsp
- Place cashews, parsley, garlic, salt and citric acid into TMX (Or food processor??) and blitz it! Speed 7 until it's all pulverised.
- With blades still going about Speed 3, slowly drizzle in oil until you have the desired consistency
I had the meat, sitting there all tightly stacked 3x3 in the tray and I just used a soup spoon to spread the pesto and press it on a bit. In a large, flat frypan I heated up a bit of oil and then put the lamb in still with the pesto side up and cooked the first side until you can see the blood starting to seep on the upper side. Flip them over carefully and cook the pesto side. Place into a warm dish to rest while you finish getting the rest of the vegies ready (eg Mash and steamed veg).
Verdict: Ms D wants me to make sure that next time I use BIGGER pieces of meat. The loin chops, while very yummy, left all my greedy-gubbins still a bit hungry. Everyone... I mean EVERYONE loved this pesto crust. Wow!
Tweaks: I was flying by the seat of my pants here, so if I can do any of this better, please do tell me!! But, I do look forward to trying this pesto as a part of a dressing for salads and other dishes. I'll let you know.