This is one of 2 ways with Chicken and Pesto this week (the other being stuffed and crusted). I've promised the family I won't try Pesto again for a month or two. They're a little tired of it... but it's still darn tasty!!
- 500g chicken breast, trimmed of fat etc and sliced horizontally to form large, flat pieces
- One portion Pesto
- About 100-150g Ricotta Cheese (watch for preservatives)
- Tooth picks or similar
- Combine Pesto and Ricotta cheese
- On the 'rough' side, spread a piece of chicken meat with the pesto, ensuring it's well covered
- Roll piece of meat so that pesto is on the inside and secure with a tooth pick.
- Set aside and continue with the rest of the pieces of chicken
- In a moderately hot frypan, cook chicken rolls on each of their sides, just browning
- Put all the chicken rolls into a casserole, cover and cook in moderate oven for about 20-30 minutes (until cooked through)
- Serve with Miracle Mash and steamed veg.