|Potato and Leek Pizza|
This is probably a Failsafe mainstay. I was so surprised by how very tasty it is!! I got this recipe from the 'Friendly Food' cookbook.
Ingredients: Makes 2 pizzas
- 1 portion homemade pizza base
- 2 leeks, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 (600g) white-skinned potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- ground sea salt
- 2 tabs chives, finely chopped
- Steam or microwave potato until almost tender
- Transfer to plate lined with paper towel
- Spread half of leek mixture over each pizza base
- Arrange potato slices in a thin layer over leeks
- Brush with a little oil and sprinkle with salt
- Bake 20-25 minutes until potatoes and dough are golden
- Sprinkle with chives before serving
Verdict: Pizzas are usually met with "Yaaaaay!! Pizza!!!" and then we hope they get a few food groups into them and not just "pizza base". But, hey. It's Pizza!!
Tweeks: I also often add some butternut pumpkin* (Sals) to at least one of the pizzas, just very finely sliced with a vegie peeler and added along with the potato. Mr frillypants and I are usually the only ones who actually eat that bit.