Edited to add: I am told that Masterfood Garlic Salt has 320 in the Vegetable Oil, but apparently the Woolworths Select (Australia) brand is okay. This tells me that I need to find a good link to a Failsafe shopping list to include.
- DRIED chick peas
- Canola oil
- Garlic salt
- Soak chick peas in plenty of water over night. Let's say, at least 10 hours.
- Drain, pat dry with a tea toweland then spread evenly onto oven tray
- Cook in moderate (180degC) oven for about 45 minutes
- They will have shrunk again to close to original size
- While they're still hot, toss them in a little oil and garlic salt (to taste) (I started without the oil, but the salt wasn't sticking. I only used about 1/2 tab.)
- Leave out to cool and dry
- Store in airtight container
Yum! These are great. I now have to go and have a chat with DD's teacher to explain why these do actually make a GREAT Brain Food choice.
I used Garlic Salt because I had it in my pantry. You might like to use some garlic-infused oil and sea-salt. Whatever floats your boat. If you'd like to make some NON-Failsafe ones, then add whatever herbs/spices you would like.: