Wraps.

I buy my wraps at the supermarket.  I believe it's called Mountain Bread and they make it with rice, wheat or rye.  It's a very basic recipe, with no additives.   I find it great to mix them up from time to time,  depending on what's in the fridge.  Mayo or coleslaw goes well with chicken, natural yogurt or sour cream mixed with garlic and shallots go well with lamb.  Make your own combos...  and please tell me about them!!! 

Now, let me just mentally rummage through the fridge and see what's available for wraps.


INGREDIENTS:  (Just some ideas)
  • Wraps,  enough for the family... obviously
  • Iceburg lettuce, shredded
  • Cucumber*, peeled and finely sliced
  • Carrot*, peeled and grated
  • Mung bean Sprouts
  • Coleslaw
  • Leeks, finely sliced and sauteed
  • Shallots
  • Cream Cheese
  • Sauces:
  • Pear ketchup
  • Mayonaise
  • Sour Cream with garlic, shallots
  • Natural Yogurt
  • Meats:
  • Left over crunchy chicken, sliced
  • left over steak, finely sliced
  • left over roast lamb, beef, chicken
Put everything into bowls onto the table.  Do you have a lazy susan?  Even better!!!   Now,  everyone can help themselves to create the wraps they want.  It's very conducive to family conversation as well.

Verdict:
Anytime I put bowls of make-it-yourself food on the table,  it's a hit.  Sometimes they eat from all food groups,  sometimes they make a cream cheese roll.  It all evens out over a week I find.

*  Moderate in Salicylates when peeled.


Comments