Meanwhile, I thought I had ordered the Fed Up dvd produced by Sue Dengate, but what arrived was the book! I was peeeved at myself and thought with all the discussions I've had over the last nearly 2 years, I knew A LOT about it. Anyway, faced with the book I decided to read it and... just... wow! Even if I did know quite a bit, I sure understand a whole lot more now. And that's soooo important.
So, I've ordered and received the dvd now and I look forward to watching and then sharing that. Its blurb says it is a great tool for convincing schools, dads and in-laws. Wow! They really know their audience. hee hee. My next mission is to bring this message to Ms C & D's school, where they keep giving Ms C food!!! It's not bad food necessarily. It's just bad for Ms C! And if I don't know about it, I can't make adjustments at home to compensate. Wish me luck as I try to string some words together in the Principal's office. (gulp) And if you have ever done this, any words of wisdom would be great.
- Chicken breast, enough for your brood, cut into largish pieces
- Maple syrup (not maple flavoured)
- Pear ketchup
- Garlic, crushed
- Leek, sliced
- Saute leek, allow to cool
- I started with about 1/2 cup of syrup and ketchup and then increased until I felt I had enough to cover the meat I had
- Add garlic, leek and salt
- Cover chicken and allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes
- Cook in covered fry pan on gentle heat so you don't burn the sauce
- Serve with mashed potato and steamed veg