Butternut Pumpkin Soup

First of all,  if you're on the Strict Elimination Diet,  then this is not for you.  Move along,  do not do this to yourself.  If you can tolerate moderate Salicylates, then you'll love this.  The kids all love this and I love that I can whip this up really quickly in the Thermomix and be eating in about 40 minutes.  I also love that Ms C loves this as a Winter school lunch as well. There's a lot of love.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Leek, sliced in large slices
  • 1-2 cloves of Garlic
  • Half a Butternut Pumpkin*, peeled and cut into large chunks
  • 1 tab Vegetable Stock Concentrate
  • 700g water  (or chicken stock)
  • 2 medium Carrots*, peeled and cut into large chunks
  • 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into large cubes
  • 1/2 Swede, peeled and cubed  (optional)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • knob butter
Method:
  • Sautée the leek and garlic with a knob of butter, 2 minutes, 100ºC Speed 2
  • I am usually chopping and adding as I go now.  I set the TMX for 25 minutes, 100ºC Speed 2 and chuck in all the vegies as I go,  in the order listed, then replace the measuring cup lid.
  • After it has cooked for 25 minutes, purée it by slowly bringing the speed up to 9.  Be careful!
  • Serve with a slurp of pouring cream and a sprinkle of spring onion if that's how you like it.
*Moderate Salicylates
 
Verdict:
This is everyone's favourite soup and I could serve this every week I reckon.

Tweeks:
No tweeks really,  I happened to have some home-made croutons in the pantry one day and they went down a treat!


Comments