I've started a rule in our house; as my kids tend to just take the toppings off the pizzas and eat the base. Okay, great, it's not a commercial pizza base, it's not full of salt and sugar and preservatives.... but really, there's not a lot of nutritional value there. :) So, the new rule is that I will serve up vegie soup before the pizza. Wish me luck for success on this one!!
eta: I need to immortalise this... so I can look back and sigh... later when she goes through the 'Mum knows nothing' stage. The other day, Ms D said "I love how you make pizzas, with all the healthy stuff on it." Naaaawwww. Love her guts.
|Pizza is risen. It is risen indeed.|
- 280g water
- 7g dry yeast (1 sachet)
- 20g oil
- 2 tsp salt (cooking or salt)
- 500g Bakers Flour
- Place water, yeast and oil into TMX bowl.
- Mix 5 seconds on speed 3
- Add flour and salt
- Mix 6 seconds on speed 8 to combine
- Set dial to 'closed lid' and knead dough for 2 minutes on Interval speed
- Transfer dough to floured bowl and let dough to rise to double its size (about 30 minutes)
- Break dough into 4 pieces and let rise again for 15 minutes.
- Form your pizzas and add you favourite (Failsafe) topping.
- Bake in hot oven (200-220degC) until cooked (Time depends on toppings used)
Dividing into 4 pieces gives a more crispy base, if that's what you like.
A new base! With Butternut Pumpkin. Yummo.
Toppings - I'll add them as I try them:
Potato and Leek
Bubble and Squeak
Hommus & Veg
Pizza Base Sauce
No-Tomato Sauce (delicious!!)