|'Lemon' and Poppy Seed muffins|
So, obviously I had to lose the lemon to make this Failsafe... but that was all. I just needed to exchanged lemon juice for citric acid and water.
- 80g water
- 1 tsp Citric Acid
- 220g Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Citric Acid, extra
- 335g SR Flour
- 2 tabs Poppy Seeds
- 60g Butter, melted
- 250g Milk
- 2 Eggs
- Combine Water and Citric Acid, stir until dissolved and set aside
- Place sugar and extra Citric Acid into Thermomix and pulverise on speed 9 for 5 seconds
- Put aside 2 tabs of the sugar mixture.
- Add Flour and Poppy Seeds and combine on Speed 4-5 for 10 seconds
- Scrape down, close lid and stir on Speed 3 while you add Citric mix, Butter, Milk and Eggs through the top.
- Increase to speed 5 to really combine well, scraping sides if needed for about 7-10 seconds.
- Put into muffin cases. (I always use paper muffin cases inside a 12-hole muffin tray)
- Sprinkle each with sugar mixture you put aside earlier
- Mine made 12 when I used a 1/3 cup to scoop.
- Bake in moderate oven for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through and springy to the touch or a toothpick comes out clean.
Tweeks: The sugar on top... may as well leave that off. It didn't translate well. The original recipe used lemon-rind rubbed into the sugar. Wow. But, this didn't work out so well. So, just dump it all in the mix if you want. No great loss.
Freezing: These freeze and defrost in a school lunch box just fine.