Chick-Chick Burgers

Chick-Chick Burgers
Chick-Chick.  That's chicken and chickpeas.  (Yeah, not chk-chk boom! for you Australians who remember.)   It was 4:45... we normally eat at 5:30... and I hadn't even decided what to make!!!  I had some chicken thigh mince in the freezer and then I just went from there.  This made about 27 or so patties and I expected to have some for school lunches tomorrow.  I was wrong!  They all went!!

The method with this basically went, find something, chuck it in, pulse it...

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 cloves garlic
  • handful of parsley leaves
  • 2 spring onions
  • 1 stick celery, roughly chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • about 1 cup breadcrumbs (homemade, of course!!)
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp citric acid
  • 500g chicken thigh mince
Method:
  • Add each ingredient in turn and pulse on about Speed 5-7 after each, to chop, mince and combine.  Only a few seconds each time.
  • Form mixture into thin patties, about palm-size and shallow fry
  • I served with Miracle Mash and green beans and goes really well with Pear Ketchup
Verdict: 
Ms C said "You're the best meat-maker!!"  Ummm... thanks.

Tweeks:
Actually, I was surprised they loved them so much.  I thought they might be a little dry and said they needed the sauce.  But Ms D doesn't eat the ketchup and ate more burgers than anyone!
Of course,  you can serve these like the beef burgers: in a bread-roll, with lettuce,  a little grated carrot, cucumber & pear ketchup.

Comments

  1. Hi there, VERY happy to have found your blog!! Am struggling with a very fussy 5 year old who can't eat Salicylates OR dairy! Thanks for the inspiration...there are so many ideas on here I'm going to try!!!
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you Michelle. The more intolerances, the harder it is to get inspired, eh? I have toyed with the idea of categorising my recipes with DF,GF etc, but as I'm not expert of what contains hidden dairy or gluten etc, I decided not to chance it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous! Two out of my three boys loved them and these were the two I thought would turn their noses up at them. I think the little one must be getting sick as he is a garbage guts. I plan on making these in bulk and freezing for fast meals. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, Diane. I've even had recipe requests from non-failsafers!! Don't tell them they're healthy... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing. I have made them twice and they freeze so well. They will definitely become a regular in our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachael. I am so glad you've enjoyed the Chick-Chick burgers.

      frillypants x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. Especially suggestions to make these meals as scrummy as possible.