The method with this basically went, find something, chuck it in, pulse it...
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- handful of parsley leaves
- 2 spring onions
- 1 stick celery, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- about 1 cup breadcrumbs (homemade, of course!!)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp citric acid
- 500g chicken thigh mince
- Add each ingredient in turn and pulse on about Speed 5-7 after each, to chop, mince and combine. Only a few seconds each time.
- Form mixture into thin patties, about palm-size and shallow fry
- I served with Miracle Mash and green beans and goes really well with Pear Ketchup
Ms C said "You're the best meat-maker!!" Ummm... thanks.
Actually, I was surprised they loved them so much. I thought they might be a little dry and said they needed the sauce. But Ms D doesn't eat the ketchup and ate more burgers than anyone!
Of course, you can serve these like the beef burgers: in a bread-roll, with lettuce, a little grated carrot, cucumber & pear ketchup.