|Skinless Sausages... after much more practice.... looking less poo-like.|
|Skinless Chicken Sausages|
We put the chicken into the freezer for an hour or so before starting so we wouldn't end up with chicken paste.
- 500g Chicken Thigh fillets, chopped in half
- 2 Spring Onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 bunch of Chives (I had to buy mine), trimmed and chopped roughly
- handful of Parsley
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks Celery, chopped into large pieces
- 2 cloves Garlic, whole
- 5 Sao Biscuits, roughly broken up
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- Throw everything into the TMX bowl
- Chop/mix/pulverise on Speed 5-6 for a few seconds at a time, checking each time, until you get the desired consistency.
- Shape into sausages, I used a dessert spoon and found this gave me about the right amount. Not so thick it won't cook through and not so thin it breaks.
- Put shaped sausages onto a tray and then pop into the freezer for 10-15 minutes to help firm it up before cooking (this is something picked up in an online recipe, but I'm not sure if it's necessary??)
- While this is in the freezer, get the other vegies going, especially the Miracle Mash
- In a fry pan, cook your sausages gently until cooked through.
- Serve with Miracle Mash and other steamed veg.
- To make it more 'exciting' for the kids, we shoved them onto sticks to eat.
Loved by all!! I'm not sure how these would travel if we had to take them to a bbq... maybe I'd have to bring them already cooked and warm them on the hot plate??
I forgot the salt, so there's that! Otherwise... add whatever you'd like. Replace the Soa biscuits with Failsafe breadcrumbs perhaps. Or some Leek?? One thing you can't escape is that while you're making them, the words 'poo on a plate' will have to cross your mind. I'm no professional photographer, I just cannot make it look good. If you make these and you can get a good pic, let me know will you?